Spiders are a serious pest infestation at your home. They can easily make a web in the unspotted areas and can turn out to be poisonous.
Spiders and lavender tend to live in a place which is not clean and can easily settle down and can be dangerous.
There are various ways to repel the spiders. Also, there can be various chemical free products which can be used in order to get rid of the spiders from your house.
Lavender can be one of them. But, can lavender help you in repelling the spiders out of your home.
Let’s find out.
Does Lavender Repel Spiders
Lavender is a plant and has essential oils which can help you in repelling the spiders.
It can also help in having a special and freshening aroma in the house. Thus, making the spiders to avoid the home and making it fresh at the same time.
Lavender can easily help you in repelling the spiders and getting rid of them from your home.
You can use lavender to repel the spiders, it won’t kill them but the essential oils present in the lavender can help in repelling the spiders.
How to Use Lavender to Repel or Kill Spiders
There can be various ways to use the lavender to repel the spiders. They won’t make the spiders but can surely help in repelling them from your home.
You can easily use this method and get the desired results. But, it should be noted that lavender won’t help you in the killing of the spiders in your home.
One of the methods which can be used to repel the spiders is discussed as below:
You will need the following ingredients to make this mixture.
- Lavender Oil
- Base Oil (Vegetable oil, sunflower oil, olive oil or any other carrier oils)
- Spray Bottle
You can choose any of the base oil which can be mixed with lavender oil.
Now, make a mixture of the lavender oil and the chosen base oil. You should make a proper mixture of them. After making the mixture you should put the mixture in a spray bottle.
The odor of lavender oil along with base oil is hated by the spiders and can help in repelling the spider easily.
You can spray the mixture in the spotted areas in order to get the best results. You should spray this mixture timely and on the unreached areas as the spiders can easily make a web in the unreached areas by us.
It can help you in easily repelling the spiders.
But, what methods along with lavender can you use in order to get the best and most effective results are discussed below
Other Home Remedies to Use Along with Lavender
There can be various other home remedies which can be used along with lavender in order to repel the spiders.
You can use them in order to repel the spiders inside your house.
Some of the best repellents are discussed as follows
- Cleanliness: The most important thing which should be done in order to get rid of the spiders out of your house is cleanliness. You should make sure to clean your house every day and within every spot. If you don’t clean your home regularly, the spider can easily build their webs in your house and can be really dangerous and poisonous.
- Peppermint Oil: This oil can easily be found in various departmental stores or online. You can also make this oil at your home with the help of peppermint leaves. The odor of this plant can help in avoiding the spiders away from your home.
- Lemon Juice: You can opt for lemon juice in order to repel the spiders. The odor of the lemon juice is hated by a spider. You can easily make the lemon juice and can sprinkle it in the spotted areas. The odor of the lemon juice will help you to get rid of the spiders in your home.
- Borax: This is one of the best methods which can be used in order to get rid of the spiders at your home. It can permanently kill them when the spiders come in contact with this. You can easily pour this powder on the spotted areas. Make sure to keep it out of the reach of children and pets and you should also be careful while using this.
But, if there’s a serious infestation, you should take help from an exterminator. He will not only help you in getting rid of the spiders from home but, will also make sure that the spiders don’t come back in the home for a longer period of them.
These are some of the methods which can be used to repel the spiders out of your house.
Dealing with Pests in Corona Virus Pandemic
If the pest infestation is severe in your home, then it’s wise to take the help of Pest Control Companies because due to Corona Virus pandemic all the major retailers are focusing on delivering essential household things.
Therefore, if you’re thinking about buying a pesticide online, then it may take a much longer time to arrive than expected.
Hiring a Pest Control company is not expensive every time. By filling this form, you’ll get the exact free quotes from the top local exterminators.
Believe me, it’s not that expensive.
At least, you’ll know, how cost-effective it can be to hire a Pest Control company for your little home.
The choice is yours.
Getting quotes from multiple Pest Control Companies (which is free), then decide, hire one or not.
Or, buy a pesticide, and wait for the next many days under the pest infestation, frustrating about the late delivery because they can’t deliver your product in the next one or two days.
It can be said that lavender will not only help you in repelling the spiders out of your home but, will also provide your home with a pleasant aroma in your home.
Some of the methods which can be used along with this method are discussed above.