Peppermint Oil to Repel Wasps | How to Make Peppermint Oil Wasp Spray
No one wants wasps flying near their home, these insects are dangerous, and can sting you multiple times.
So if you find a wasp nest near your house, the first thing you’ll have to do is to get rid of it.
So, how does one do that?
I’m sure, you’ll name some professional wasp repelling and killing sprays but you don’t need to spend so much money on these products.
There are some home remedies that you can use to repel them from your property.
Today, we are going to talk about peppermint oil wasp spray and answer various questions about them like:
Does peppermint oil repel wasps? If yes, how should we use it? etc.
So, let’s get started.
Should You Use Peppermint Oil for Wasp Control?
Yes, peppermint oil repels wasps and hornets.
There are a lot of people who have used this essential oil to repel wasps and yellow jackets from their property.
But, do you know what is the problem with such home remedies?
Sometimes, they don’t give you the desired results.
There are chances that sometimes you might not prepare the solution as recommended, or might not spray it directly on the wasps, etc. thus resulting in it being ineffective.
In essence, you can try this home remedy to get rid of these insects but, make sure, you follow this remedy step by step so that you don’t do anything wrong.
How to Make Peppermint Oil Wasp Spray
This peppermint oil wasp spray is very easy to prepare. You just have to mix a few things, but make sure you follow each and everything.
- The first thing you’ve to do is take a spray bottle and fill it with 4 oz. of vinegar and 4 oz. of water.
- Then, add peppermint oil and lemongrass to it, approximately 5 to 6 ml in quantity.
- Now, mix all the ingredients properly, shake well if required.
- Once you’ve prepared the home remedy, it’s time to use it on the target.
- Find a wasp nest, and spray the prepared solution on it.
- You should be aware that when you spray the peppermint solution on them, they can get angry and sting you.
- So, be prepared, and stay protected; wear full sleeve clothes and pants. You can also wear a mask and gloves.
- The strong scent of peppermint and other ingredients will repel them away from your property.
- It is also important to spray the solution on other places where they can make a nest.
- For best results, use this peppermint oil wasp spray every few days to completely eliminate the wasps.
What if Peppermint Oil Doesn’t Repel the Wasps?
There are chances that something wrong happens, and this home remedy doesn’t work.
Don’t get disheartened though, you have more options that you can try.
There are also some other home remedies and some professional products like wasp foggers and bombs.
And still if everything fails, you then have only one option.
As the name suggests, these professionals have experience in dealing with these insects, and they can definitely solve the problem.
Dealing with Wasps through Professional Pest Control
Peppermint oil and other home remedies can definitely get rid of wasps; however they may not be 100% effective if there are multiple of them infiltrating your property.
Therefore, in the case of a wasp infestation, it is best to hire a professional exterminator who can deal with this problem more skillfully and get rid of these stinging pests for a longer period.
To know more, fill the below-mentioned form to get free quotes from multiple local Pest Control companies to make an informed decision and choose an exterminator who is economical, effective, and can eliminate these pests indefinitely.
I hope this article answers your question about whether peppermint oil can really repel wasps (yes it can!)
However, while making this peppermint oil repellent, make sure to follow the step-by-step approach.
Don’t just mix all of them in a random concentration and expect positive results.
This way, it’ll not be very effective, and you may think that this home remedy is a waste of time.
In essence, peppermint oil can repel wasps but only if you use it properly and as instructed.
If you have any more questions about wasps or how to eliminate them, please leave a comment below.