No one wants wasps flying near their home.
If you find a wasp nest near your house, the first thing you’ll do is to get rid of it. These insects look angry all the time, and they can sting you anytime.
So, what you should do to get rid of them?
I’m sure, you’ll name some professional wasp repelling and killing sprays but you don’t need to spend so much money on these products.
There are some home remedies that you can use to repel them away from your property.
Today, we are talking about peppermint oil wasp spray.
Does it work?
If yes, then how to use peppermint oil to get rid of wasps?
So, let’s get started.
Does Peppermint Oil Repel Wasps?
Yes, peppermint oil repels wasps and hornets.
There are a lot of people who have used this essential oil to repel wasps and hornets from their property.
Yes, it works.
But, do you know what is the problem with such home remedies?
There can be many possibilities that it can go wrong.
There are chances that you didn’t prepare the solution as recommended, you didn’t spray it on the wasps, you put more water in it, so it gets diluted, and becomes ineffective.
You can try this home remedy in your home to get rid of these insects. But, make sure, you follow this remedy step by step so that you don’t do anything wrong.
How to Use Peppermint Oil to Get Rid of Wasps
This peppermint oil wasp spray is very easy to prepare. You just have to mix a few things, but make sure you follow each and everything.
- The first thing which you’ve to do is to take a spray bottle, and fill it 4 oz. of vinegar and 4 oz. of water. Then, add peppermint oil and lemongrass to it, approximately 5 to 6 ml in quantity.
- Now, mix all the ingredients properly, shake well if required.
- Now, you’ve prepared the home remedy. It’s time to use it on the target.
- Find a wasp nest, and spray the prepared solution on it. One thing that you should be aware that when you spray the peppermint solution on them, they can get angry and they can sting you. So, be prepared, and stay protected. Wear full sleeve clothes, and pants. You can also wear a mask and gloves.
- The strong scent of peppermint and other ingredients will repel them away from your property.
- It is also important to spray the solution on other places where they can make a nest.
- To completely solve the problem, use this peppermint oil wasp spray after every few days for the complete removal of the wasps.
What to do if Home Remedy doesn’t work?
There are chances that something wrong happens, and this home remedy doesn’t work.
You have more options that you can try. There are also some other home remedies and some professional sprays.
If everything fails, you’ve used home remedies, and you’ve also purchased some wasp killing sprays, but none of them solved the problem completely.
Then, you have the only option.
Call pest control professionals.
As the name suggests, these professionals have experience in dealing with these insects, and they can definitely solve the problem.
When making this peppermint oil repellent, make sure to follow the step by step approach.
Don’t just mix all of them in a random concentration. This way, it’ll not be very effective, and you may think that this home remedy is a waste of time.
I hope that you had found some helpful information here.
If you have any questions, then feel free to leave a comment in the below.